Oct 4, 2008

Figure Drawing

I love life drawing. I've been doing it since high school, when I would drive an hour into the next state every month just to draw for two hours. When at university I even did some (moderately clothed for parental waiver purposes) modeling of my own for the next generation of high school artists. Around my city the only life drawing available was student-only and I was about to knaw on charcoal if I didn't get to do any soon. Then came Dr. Sketchy's a few months ago.

2min poses

5min pose

15min pose


Jen Marlow runs a great thing. The models are gorgeous and though not nude (it's hosted at a bar, and the south has issues with bars and vaginas roaming free), they all have great costume which makes them even better to draw. If that wasn't enough (and really, it is) there's always music (if not a DJ), contests and prizes, a hosting restaurant which means food and drink, and getting to know your fellow local artists and students.


5min poses

10min pose

20min pose

Needless to say I'm a big fan of what Jen does and hope she keeps Dr. Sketchy's alive so the more people that check it out, the better. If you don't live in my area, check out the original Dr. Sketchy's page for a local venue...or start your own.

Shoutout to the lovely models: Suicide Girl Lazuli, Scarlett, and Haywire. You guys were fantastic.

20 min pose

15min pose

10min pose

5min pose

No comments: