Sep 10, 2020

Art - Watercolor Fantasy Cats Bard

 

Bard Sketch
Bard Cat Sketch

Bard Ink
Bard Cat Ink

Bard Color Study
Bard Cat Digital Color Study



Bard Watercolor Painting
Bard Cat Watercolor Painting

In honor of Dragon Con going virtual this year I decided to do some watercolor fantasy cats as has been my yearly tradition for the convention. I also decided to try something different and document the different stages of the process. I sketch digitally in Photoshop and ink traditionally with pen on bristol paper. I scanned the inks in and then did a quick digital color study. Then I did the final painting in watercolors. Prints of my Watercolor Fantasy Cats are available at Mirana.Shop.

This is the Bard Cat in his lacy doublet, with his lute and his infuriating jaunty feather hat. 







No comments: